Quirky animal names are not just for show.
They can help scientists remember which animals they are studying and make it easier to share information about them with others.
And, of course, they’re just plain fun to say! Here are some of the most unusual animal names starting with Q.
Endangered Animal Names Starting with Q
- Quechuan Hocicudo
Wild Animal Names with Q
- Qinling Panda
- Queensland Tube-Nosed Bat
Sea Creatures Starting with Q
- Queen Angelfish
- Quagga Catshark
- Queen Snapper
- Queen Triggerfish
- Queensland Grouper
- Queensland Lungfish
Birds Starting with Q
Amphibians Starting with Q
- Quacking Frog
Reptiles Starting with Q
- Queen Snake
- Quebrada Valverde Salamander
Insects Starting with Q
- Queen Alexandra’s Birdwing
The creatures with this rare alphabet have quite interesting trivia about them. Here are the top facts about animal names starting with Q:
1. Quokkas are small marsupials native to Australia. The name “quokka” comes from the Noongar Aboriginal people’s word for these animals, which means “the animal that jumps.”
2. Quolls are Australian marsupials that come in six different species. They’re also known as native cats or tiger quolls.
3. The name “quail” comes from the Old French word for these birds, which is quaille.
4. Queen butterflies are the largest of all butterfly species.
5. A group of quails is called a covey.
Animal Names with Q
Let’s have a look at the names of animals that begin with the letter Q
Male Animal Names with Q
1. Quigley: This name is of Irish origin and means “Cub.”
2. Quincy: This name is of English origin and means “fifth child.”
3. Quentin: This name is of Latin origin and means “the fifth.”
4. Qi: This name is of Chinese origin and means “life force.”
5. Qin: This name is of Chinese origin and means “first emperor.”
Female Animal Names with Q
1. Quiana: This name is of American origin and means “gracious queen.”
2. Queenie: This name is of English origin and means “queen.”
3. Quinn: This name is of Irish origin and means “counsel.”
4. Quisha: This name is of American origin and means “lord’s peace.”
5. Quincy: This name is of English origin and means “fifth child.”
These are just some of the many quirky animal names that start with the letter Q.
From quails to queen butterflies, there is a wide variety of creatures with interesting names.
You can also check out the A-Z of animal names to get more ideas about the amazing world of animals.
So next time you’re looking for an unusual name for your pet, don’t forget to check out the animals with names that start with Q!
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings