Animals come in all shapes and sizes, and their names reflect that diversity.
From the outlandish to the ordinary, here are some animal names starting with O.
Endangered Animal Names Starting with O
- Olive Ridley Turtle
Wild Animal Names with O
- Olive Baboon
Domestic Animal Names with O
- Old English Sheepdog
- Otterhound (Dog Breed)
Freshwater Animals Starting with O
- Oscar Fish
Sea Creatures Starting with O
- Oyster Toadfish
Birds Starting with O
- Orange-Crowned Warbler
Amphibians Starting with O
- Oak Toad
Reptiles Starting with O
- Oenpelli python
- Olive Sea Snake
Insects Starting with O
- Orb Weaver
- Ortolan Bunting
- Octopus: These eight-armed sea creatures are known for their intelligence and camouflage abilities.
- Ocelot: A wildcat native to the Americas, the ocelot is known for its beautiful fur.
- Okapi: A relative of the giraffe, the okapi is a fascinating creature with stripes on its legs and a long, prehensile tongue.
- Olm: A blind cave-dwelling salamander found in Europe, the olm is a strange and fascinating creature.
- Opossum: The opossum is a marsupial native to North and South America. It is known for its “playing possum” defense mechanism, in which it feigns death when threatened.
- Orangutan: The orangutan is a large ape found in the forests of Southeast Asia. These intelligent and gentle creatures are sadly endangered due to deforestation and other human activities.
- Ostrich: The ostrich is the largest bird in the world, and is notable for its long neck and legs. These flightless birds are found in Africa.
- Otter: Otters are playful, aquatic mammals found in rivers and lakes around the world. They are known for their thick fur coats, which keep them warm in the water.
Animal Names with O
Male Animal Names
Female Animal Names
Whether they’re big or small, furry or scaly, these animals all have one thing in common: their names begin with the letter O!
You can also check out the A-Z animal list to get an idea about the other creatures in the animal kingdom.